This is a series of concerts to be presented in high school, featuring a Photography Exhibit entitled, Uniquely Detroit, as well as chamber music inspired by the city of Detroit or other locations in Michigan. Each event will consist of a 15 minute photography projection/lecture, a short chamber music performance with the composer in attendance, and a short workshop on how to get inspired by sounds and how to translate them into music.
What to Expect
Here is a short description of how a visit in your school would go, and the few things we are trying to achieve:
- The length of the program will be approximately 45 min- 1hour
- We would have a screen and a projector
- Donald Jones, the photographer would show his works from Detroit, in combination with some photographs from your city. (15-20 min).
- Composer James Hartway would talk before each movement of his 5 movements trio City Sketches (20 min)
- The composer would talk to the students on a few techniques they might use to produce sounds from their environment: rain, wind, a truck going by etc. (10-25 min)